HiPC 2000 Announces Scholarships for Students
Info. for Scholarships Awardees
In order to encourage the best students studying at engineering
colleges in India to attend the conference, the High Performance
Computing Conference is pleased to announce the HiPC 2000 Scholarship
Scheme. One hundred such scholarships will be awarded on the merit basis.
Under this scheme, the conference will take care of most of the
expenses associated with attending HiPC for the selected students.
In particular, the scholarship will entitle the recipient to
attend the conference free of cost. The scholarship will include:
The conference will provide students an exposure to the research
going on at various places both within India and abroad. It will
also provide an opportunity to meet a number of leading researchers
in the computing area. We hope this will of help to those
students who desire to continue their post-graduate education.
- Two-way second/sleeper class train fare between your college
or home and Bangalore.
- Free registration for the conference. This includes access to
all the sessions of the conference, plus refreshments during
the breaks. Please note that the free registration will not
include lunch/conference dinner/conference proceedings.
However, the conference papers will be available online on
the conference website. And there are enough affordable
eating places within walking distance of the conference venue.
- Free attendance to ONE tutorial. Please note that tutorials have
limited seating capacity, and preference will be given to
paid participants. There is a possibility that some popular
tutorial may not have sufficient seats left to satisfy
first preference of every recipient of this scholarship.
- Free accomodation in Bangalore.
This scholarship is open only to students from Indian academic institutions.
It is primarily meant for 3rd and 4th year students of undergraduate
programs in Computer Science or related fields. In rare cases, it may
be possible to provide the scholarship to MTech students as well.
To apply for the scholarship, please send your bio-data
by email to the Scholarship Chair. It should include at least the
following information (any additional information is welcome).
Please note that it is strongly preferred that you submit the
bio-data in plain-text.
Please send your applications (by email only) to Prof. Dheeraj Sanghi
- Your college, university, degree program, year.
- Your grades, GPA/CPI, marks, etc.
- Your preferred email address, telephone number, fax number, etc.
- Do you have a paper in HiPC 2000 in regular session or in the poster
- What other conferences/workshops you have attended in the past, if any.
Did you present any paper, or participated in the poster session.
If yes, then details.
- Have you published a paper in any magazine or journal, or a technical
report. If yes, then details.
- For 4th year students, are they planning to appear in GATE in Feb 2001.
Also, have you appeared or planning to appear in GRE/TOEFL.
- If selected for this scholarship, would you want HiPC to arrange for
your accomodation, or would you be making your own arrangement.
(We realize that many students may not need accomodation. This
information will help us plan better by reserving only the required
number of rooms.)
- What Tutorial will you like to attend (if any). You may give
multiple preferences, just in case we are not able to
accomodate your request in some particular tutorial(s).
and comments to the webmaster.
by S. Mohanty